Author, Coach, and Keynote Speaker
Richard Leider is the founder of Inventure – The Purpose Company – and is ranked by Forbes as one of the “Top 5” most respected executive coaches, by Linkage as one of the “Top 50” executive coaches, and by the Conference Board as a “legend in coaching.”
As a global Keynote Speaker, he has helped more than 100,000 leaders from over 50 organizations such as AARP, Ericsson, Mayo Clinic, MetLife, National Football League(NFL), and United Health Group discover the power of purpose.
Richard is the author of nine books, including three best sellers, and his work has been translated into 21 languages. Repacking Your Bags and The Power of Purpose are considered classics in the personal growth field. His newest best seller, Life Reimagined, has been touted as the breakthrough book on the “second half of life.” He is a contributing author to many coaching books, including: Coaching for Leadership, The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching, Executive Coaching for Results, The Leader of the Future, and The Organization of the Future.
Richard holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling and is a Nationally Certified Counselor and a Nationally Certified Master Career Counselor. As a Senior Fellow at the University of Minnesota’s Center for Spirituality and Healing, he founded The Purpose Project. He is a Carlson Executive Fellow at the University of Minnesota School of Management and a Senior Fellow in AARP’s Life Reimagined Institute for Innovation.
Richard is widely viewed as a visionary and thought leader on the “power of purpose” and his work is featured regularly in many media sources including Fast Company, PBS public television, and NPR public radio.
Richard’s work has been recognized with awards from the Bush Foundation, from which he was awarded a Bush Fellowship and the Fielding Institutes Outstanding Scholar for Creative Longevity and Wisdom award. He was named a “Distinguished Alumni” by Gustavus Adolphus College, and to the “Hall of Fame” at Central High School.
For 30 years, Richard has led Inventure Expedition walking safaris in Tanzania, East Africa, where he co-founded the Dorobo Fund for Tanzania. He lives in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
Speeches / Presentations
- “Creating Meaning in Your Life and Work: The Power of Purpose,” Pfizer World Wide Human Resources Conference, Mystic, CT
- “Working On Purpose in a Changing World,” University of Minnesota 19th Biennial Alumni Institute Medical Health Administrators Alumni Association/Foundation, Minneapolis
- “Repacking Your Bags for the Good Life,” American Express Financial Advisors’ Women Venture Conference, Minneapolis
- “The Power of Purpose,” Strategic Executive Education Network Conference, Boston
- “What Do I Want Out of the Second Half of My Life and Work?” The Stewards First Annual Gathering, Santa Monica, CA
- “Working On Purpose in a Changing World,” Nippon Wilson Learning Client Conference, Tokyo
- “Repacking Your Bags: Igniting the Spirit of Growth and Renewal,” Quality Leadership Conference, Fairview Health Systems, Minneapolis